Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

Runaway Boy - 5 - 7 - 10 Writing

One warm summer night I woke up to a bang. Shattered glass laid at my feet. A black silhouette came through the fragmented window and started rummaging through my closet. I laid there with fear. I saw the thief creep into my parents bedroom. I leap to my feet, packed me some clothes and ran for the door. The thief turned his head and glared right at me. I swung open the door and ran. After a few hours of roaming through the forest, a formidable animal intently stared at me while slowly approaching me. I looked for an exit then I looked up at the trees that were swaying in the brisk wind. I jumped on the tree and climbed to safety. I sat upon the peak of the tree. As I sat there I found a large map. It was a map of my rural town. The mountains overlooked the town and the forest was huge. I climbed down from the tree and started following the map. I felt the presence of someone. I turned and someone was following me. Who was it? Why were they following me? What am I going to do?

In LS2 we have always done 5 - 7 - 10 writing as a warm up. 5 - 7 - 10 is a creative writing activity where Ms Kirkpatrick chooses a picture then we create a story behind the photo. the 5 represents the first five minutes of writing, the seven minutes is where you read and discuss with a partner, and the ten is when you write as much as you can. In writing we learn that every story needs a good mix of simple, compound, and a complex sentences. Too many of just one of those sentences can make the sentence lose it's effect. e.g. If you use to many complex sentences it will be boring. Today our stories were based on a photo of a boy who has a map. The yellow highlighting means it is my chosen simple sentence, the blue is my compound, and my complex is the pink highlighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment