Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Sailing




On Wednesday me and 22 other students got the opportunity to learn how to sail. The instructor was an Argentinian women named Maria. Firstly we had to assemble the boat. It is definitely easier to be said than done. Next we learnt how the parts work. Before we went in the water we paired up and I chose Tiava. I was usually in charge of the sail and she was in charge of the rudder. I enjoyed playing the games and jumping from one boat to another but my favourite part was sailing solo. I was going faster by myself and I was more organised. The hardest part was actually putting on the wet suit. It was actually really difficult but we had fun. We had a lot of fun but the most important thing about going sailing is wearing a life jacket because It could save your life. Thank you to Mr Ogilvie who organised it, the instructors that helped out and Mr Johnston and Ms Kirkpatrick that supervised us while we were down at Okahu bay. Also thank you to Mrs Colenbrander for being our nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment