Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2018

M&M's Facts

                   

M&M's is one of the most popular chocolates in the world and is sold in most countries around the world. This week our teachers, Mrs Anderson and Ms Kirkpatrick have flown to the United States to learn from the speakers at the ISTE conference so Mr Johnston has been our substitute teacher. For maths Mr Johnston has given us some information about what the ratio is for the colours of the m&m's found in a packet. We have learnt many things about M&M's but the most interesting thing to find out about was the facts. They were very surprising and helped me learn about something I did not know before. The picture above is a photo of the images you will find on my groups presentation. Today my group and I have presented our M&M's DLO to the class. It was a bit less organised than I wanted but I felt confident and my group sounded confident. The most nervous situation we had to deal with was being first but our grouped worked very well and we all contributed to the slides. When we presented our findings and estimations we talked about the amount of M&M's we found in our packet and what colours are more plentiful than others. We also read the history about M&M's and facts we found out about the famous confectionery brand. Did you know that orange replaced red when scientists thought that red dye played a role in the increase of peoples chances of getting cancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment