Pages

Monday 10 December 2018

Victorian Era - Steampunk

 



Last week we have been focusing on the Victorian Era and how steampunk came to be. The Victorian Era was a time in history where Queen Victoria was the monarch of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth nations. Mrs Anderson asked us to complete a DLO based on something from the Victorian times. Alex and I were both intrigued about the monarch so we chose to find out more about Queen Victoria. Queen Victoria was really short but she was a very determined and strong woman. Victoria showed unconditional love for her husband and when he passed she went into mourning for the rest of her life. After that I created a DLO defining steampunk art. Steampunk art is a blend of modern techniques of art and metallic elements that could be found in Victorian factories. Everyone in our classroom have all attempted to draw a piece of steampunk art and they all look amazing. I drew a baby fox with historical elements that defines it as steampunk art. I really enjoyed doing this because I do like history. It was a very interesting topic to look into and I hope I get the opportunity to broaden my knowledge relating to the Victorian times.

No comments:

Post a Comment