Pages

Monday 3 September 2018

Illustration of Sentence - Colon

 

 This writing session is based around the correct use of colons. Colons are used when you are listing reasons or if the second part of the sentence is an explanation of the first part. For this activity I have chosen the sentence, 'You can come pick me up now: I am feeling much better.' My illustration has a car that is driving to the hospital. It also gives reasons for the placement of the colon in the sentence. I think my illustration clearly explains the meaning behind the sentence I have chosen.

2 comments:

  1. Well done. You have explained how to use colons clearly. Make sure you try and use them in your independent writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms Kirkpatrick, I have learnt a lot doing this activity. In the future I will try and use colons more often in my writing.

      Delete