Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

Medicube Opening - Gold CARE Awards.


As head boy I represent our school at different functions and when visitors come into our school. This term we have opened our new building which is a place where students can have a private conversation with a trained medical professional without feeling uncomfortable. Just before the ribbon cutting Tiava and I fulfilled our duties by presenting at the assembly where we were joined by visitors from Star ship and people who helped fund for the building. This is the first portable medical cube in New Zealand and they are planning to have more. Like every special assembly I was asked to speak Maori to greet them to our school. I spoke as confident as I could and Tiava and I worked towards making sure that this assembly ran smoothly. During assembly we had a performance by our kapa haka group and some of our guests spoke. After that we all went outside to witness the opening of the medicube. The ribbon was cut by Sarah who is a nurse and the person who came up with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment