Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Scale Drawing - Maths Week


Last week it was maths week and to embrace this opportunity Ms Kirkpatrick and Mrs Anderson planned a whole week of measurement activities. For maths week we did an enlargement which meant we had to find a photo of something then transfer it onto a bigger grid. The grid is their as a guideline to make the photo we found larger and easier to draw. This year I chose a photo of Scar (Lion King). I chose him because I like villains and I found his stern look very mysterious. Like last year the ratio for our artwork was 1:2 which made the transferring easier. Our first grid which we drew over the original was 1 cm square while the larger one was 2 cm square. Art is obviously not my forte so the thing I struggled with the most was trying to find where I could start. I tried doing it many different ways but as I drew the back leg it started getting easier. My absolute favourite part of this procedure was colouring because I had used two different colours for his whole body to get a darker colour which looked great. Overall I enjoyed this one more than last years. As I compare this years scale drawing to my last years scale drawing I have definitely tried my best to improve my art skills. Last year I drew a basic minion and to make it complex I coloured the background with the colours of the French flag. This years drawing shows that I am showing more pride in my work and that my colouring is getting better. I found doing this scale drawing easier as I have experience from last year. Like every piece of art there can definitely be improvements so next time I would like to draw something which has more detail and requires a lot of colours so it does not look dull and boring.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Jeremiah,
    What an outstanding blog post from you this week. The blurb that you wrote looks very informative. The image you took of your scale drawing looks wonderful. The image that you drew looks exactly like the image that you were trying to draw. I also like you name label. The color matches with your images. Is Scar one of your favorite cartoon characters?
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete